Today, I want us to take a minute to honor a great man we lost yesterday. Leonard Nimoy. The man who would be known as Spock, the half-human, half-Vulcan member of the Starship Enterprise in the original Star Trek series, its animated sequel series, and several of the films.
Most recently seen on the series Fringe (of which I am a major fanboy), Nimoy had kind of retired from acting, returning only to previously created characters to continue the arcs he created for them. His most recent major role was in a cameo role for Star Trek Into Darkness. Below is a list of titles most notable for the actor, as well as his final message to his fans, in the form of a tweet.
Thank you Leonard, and, as always, LLAP.
- Them! (1954)
- Star Trek (1966-1969)
- Mission: Impossible (1969-1971)
- Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973-1974)
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
- The Transformers: The Movie (1986)
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
- The Pagemaster (1994)
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
- Star Trek (2009)
- Land of the Lost (2009)
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)
- Zambezia (2012)
- Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
Leave a Reply